Shannon L. Watts, CFRE is President of Key Fundraising. Shannon works personally with every Key Fundraising client to help achieve their fundraising goals.
Born and raised in Lynchburg, Virginia, Shannon is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of the University of South Carolina, where she received a B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communications.
Shannon began her career in fundraising with the Louisiana Association for the Blind. Since returning to Virginia, Shannon worked as Development Director for The Rutherford Institute, Development Manager for Lynchburg Community Action Group and Executive Director of The Gateway. She earned her Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation in 2004, and became a fundraising consultant in 2005.
Currently, Shannon is Assistant Governor of Rotary District 7570 Area 5 and Immediate Past President of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Virginia Piedmont Chapter. She is also a Past President of the Lynchburg Rotary Club.
Shannon received the AFP Virginia Piedmont Chapter Outstanding Fund Raising Executive Award in 2007. She served as President of the AFP Virginia Piedmont Chapter in 2004, 2011 and 2012 and Co-Chair of the 2008 and 2013 Virginia Fund Raising Institutes (VFRI).
Key Fundraising clients, past and current, include:
- Academy of Fine Arts
- Avenel Foundation
- Big Otter Mill
- Brookville High School
- Center for Advanced Engineering & Research (CAER)
- Central Virginia Community College
- Coalition for HIV Awareness & Prevention (CHAP)
- Commonwealth Health Initiatives
- Council of Community Services
- Dance Theatre of Lynchburg
- Faith Christian Academy
- Free Clinic of Central Virginia
- Gleaning For The World
- Horizon Behavioral Health
- Jubilee Family Development Center
- Lynchburg Community Action Group
- Lynchburg Neighborhood Development Foundation
- Lynchburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Miriam’s House
- Opera on the James
- Riverviews Artspace
- Southeast Rural Community Assistance Project
- The Haven